Centro Citibanamex is a world-class convention and exhibition center located
in Mexico City, with an imposing and iconic design that suits any kind of event.
It is part of Las Americas Complex, which offers a wide range of entertainment options for all tastes, including restaurants, Las Americas racetrack (a landmark of the city since 1943), kids’ theme park Granja Las Americas, Sports Book and Royal Yak game halls – a perfect blend of business and entertainment.
Reaching Centro Citibanamex is easy from anywhere in the city since it is in the area of Mexico City’s new road system.
- Built in 2002 by the Canadian architect Michael Edmonds
- Only Convention Center in the world with hippodrome, game halls and a children’s theme park
- 790 events in average per year that attract more than 2 million visitors
- Largest event: XVII International AIDS Conference 2008 (24,000 delegates)
- Number of booths installed: an average of 698,406 booths per year
- 400 passenger buses were parked at the race track infield during Expo Beauty Show 2012
- Venue with “H” Distinctive, recognition granted by the Mexican Tourism Secretariat and the Mexican Health Secretariat to establishments that meet hygiene standards set by the Mexican Norm NMX-F605 NORMEX 2004
- Haute cuisine from scratch
- In only one day 14,000 banquet meals have been served
- 667,467 cans of soda are consumed and 23 tons of chicken are cooked in one year
- Venue with Earthcheck Silver Certification
- All water is treated in a plant and reused
- Plastic canvas from events signage is used to make aprons for the kitchen staff
- The venues’ huge windows reduce energy consumption as they let in natural light and heat
- “Best Convention Center in Mexico” awarded by Destinos & Convenciones magazine in 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 y 2012